Between the rise of green infrastructure, the effects of climate change, increasingly complex regulations, and the seemingly endless pursuit of infrastructure funding, the stormwater management sector is more dynamic than most public services.
Stormwater Report, a news service managed by the Water Environment Federation (WEF; Alexandria, Virginia), helps readers stay on top of new trends, studies, and developments that shape the stormwater sector. Stormwater Report covers sector news from around the U.S. and beyond, providing stormwater professionals glimpses into different organizations, details on innovations that will guide the future of the sector, as well as tips to help them more effectively serve their communities.
Authors from both inside and outside WEF publish content on Stormwater Report in the following topic areas:
- Flooding & Watersheds, which includes projects, studies, and initiatives aimed at better understanding the natural hydrological processes that lead to flooding as well as how to control them.
- Funding & Financing, covering innovative funding mechanisms, analyses of the sector’s financial status, opportunities to help subsidize stormwater infrastructure, and more.
- Green Infrastructure, detailing nature-based solutions for stormwater management, including relevant research efforts and regulatory initiatives as well as notable green infrastructure projects.
- Policy & Regulation, focused on U.S. national and international policies that affect the way the stormwater sector operates.
- Precipitation & Climate, which covers relevant news and analysis from meteorology and atmospheric science, including information about the effects of climate change.
- Public Education & Outreach, showcasing outside-the-box tactics and inspiring ideas to help stormwater professionals earn support from citizens and customers.
Stormwater Report is also the primary vehicle for news from the WEF Stormwater Institute, a network of stormwater professionals that work together to address some of the stormwater sector’s most pressing challenges.
In addition to Stormwater Report, WEF covers news from a diversity of other water-sector topics. See the organization’s latest coverage at the WEF News Hub.
Receive digests of the latest Stormwater Report stories in your email inbox each month by registering below.
About the Water Environment Federation
The Water Environment Federation (WEF) is a not-for-profit technical and educational organization of 35,000 individual members and 75 affiliated Member Associations representing water quality professionals around the world.
Since 1928, WEF and its members have protected public health and the environment. As a global water sector leader, our mission is to connect water professionals; enrich the expertise of water professionals; increase the awareness of the impact and value of water; and provide a platform for water sector innovation. To learn more, visit www.wef.org.
Stormwater Report adheres to WEF’s Member Code of Conduct for comment moderation.